Personalize your Lock Screen with photos, customized widgets, even the way you get notifications. Create a Shared Photo Library to share photos and videos with loved ones. Enhance everyday moments with powerful new features in Messages and Mail. Learn more
Here are some of the features that are coming to the new iOS 16!
- iOS 16 locks Hidden Photos and Deleted Photos folders by default. You’ll have to unlock them using Face ID, Touch ID, or passcode. This gives you an in-built tool to hide your sensitive photos without using a third-party app.
- Under the Password section, Apple will let you choose a default app for verification codes including iCloud Keychain and Google Authenticator.
- Pasteboard will ask for permission when you copy something from one app to another. This is a step further than just notifying you that an app has access to your pasteboard.
- You’ll be able to finally see and copy the Wi-Fi passwords of your saved network.
- The new Photos app in iOS 16 will allow you to copy and paste styles across pictures. This means you can apply some filters and effects to an image, and copy it across other images.
- You’ll be able to favorite artists on Apple Music, and receive notifications for their new releases.